Having custom glass shower doors really do give a hint of a luxurious living. It amps the appearance of the bathroom by a ton and that’s definitely something you’d love to have. Before engaging blindly and wonder on the world of this type of change, you’ll definitely be better off with having knowledge about some design tips that will surely make you stand above the crowd. Here are some tips that will surely help you along the way.
- Mind the Angles. As much as the importance of having a great design, always remember that your shower enclosure should be fully functional. The first thing you need to make sure is that the custom glass shower doors will be able to function properly, whether you push it in or pull it out to open. You can do this by making sure that the angles you used would never be lower than 90 degrees. It should be about 90 degrees or even 180 and 135.
- Put Support for the Doors. It is empirical that the door you would install for your shower should be placed on a wall that’s fully equipped with appropriate ‘stud’ support. You should place this supports on places where doors may hinge with the wall or where the panels meet. Disturbance within the corners of this type of glass could definitely prove to be crucial as without proper support, you might find yourself in face of a huge accident.
- Put Walls in Vertical Position. This refers to the walls that comes in contact with either any glass panel including the one that meets with the door. This is important at it reassures the gaps between your enclosure. This precise positioning of the walls to a vertical position is also called ‘plumb’. If you fail to meet this condition, you’ll face leak of waters from inside your enclosure and out to your bathroom.
- Meet the Minimum Width For Panels. In order to have the optimum outcome, follow the right measurements. To fully support the enclosure, the tempered glass panels should have a minimum width of about 4 and a half inches. The door on the other hand, could fall between the range of 22 and 36 inches.
- Don’t Mount on Glass Tiles. If you want to avoid having accidents, then be sure not to do this one. Mounting panels and even the clips on tiles would result for it to slip, leading them to shutter and for your project to restart and cost even more.
- Reassure Door Function. You should guarantee that the door will function properly. To do this, you could also have the tiles to be modified in order for it to accommodate the door function more properly. Though some construction for this would aesthetically be negative for your shower, it’s still better than having your doors function improperly.