A steel fabrication machine is used in different applications, but the most common is the three dimensional variation. When the usual wire bending machinery is used, the resulting product is not as remarkable as those done with the use of CNC-powered steel fabrication equipment. The main advantage when using a three dimensional type of steel fabrication machinery is that there are many types of bending shapes that may be achieved. The bending is done by feeding the material, in this case a long wire, into the wire bender and then formed into shapes depending on the set data.
There are different models of three dimensional steel fabrication machines but all of them follow the same technical specifications:
- During the operation, it must be noted that the machine operates using very high speed and the process of bending the material is done within a matter of seconds ranging from 1 to 1.5 seconds.
- These types of steel fabrication machines have the capability of bending materials that are thicker, for example a wire gauge with a dimension of 10 mm.
- The air compressor inside the machine is built in and the motor is powered by hydraulic pressure. Both of these components are added to make sure that the machine operates efficiently.
- In order for the machine to be maintained and cleaned regularly, it has an easy access for opening.
- The interface used by these computer-controlled machines is user-friendly and programming can be easily done.
- Complicated steel fabrication can be achieved with these types of machines by the operator with the help of just a single button. The end result is high end.
- These types of three dimensional machines are CNC controlled and has a built in AC servo motor. These are all added to ensure that the final product is of high quality.
CNC steel fabrication is very important in many industries nowadays because of its power to bend wires and mold them into custom shapes needed without reducing the durability as well as the tensile strength of the material. With these final products, the components used are now more durable than ever. There are different types of bending processes:
- Standard bending is commonly used in products wherein the finish component needs to be in perfect geometric lines. With the help of steel fabrication, standard bending is ensured to be done accurately through electronic angular management. This means that every process of bending is purely controlled by the machine following preset data.
- Edgewise bending is the process used when there is a need for the bending axis to be parallel. If this method is employed, the level of the ending accuracy is quite high.
- Offset bending is used when two wires need to be bent together but maintaining a small space between the materials.
- U-bending is used if the material to be processed has a very narrow geometry.