Since hyd mech band saw blades vary upon the materials you cut, it is essential to know the blades needed for woodworking or metalworking. It includes other hyd mech band saw supplies like coolants and lubricants to maintain its quality.
- Resaw blades – fit for high-volume sawing applications. It can cut lumbers but not nail embedded wood and bi-metal construction.
- Carbon dismantling blades – suitable for high-speed dismantling saws. Bi-metal blades last longer than carbon blades, but it is more expensive than the latter. While carbon blades can’t cut lumbers and bi-metal constructions it works wonders with the nail embedded woods.
- Nailshredder bi-metal band saw blades – it is perfect for recycling the whitewood pallets. It is not recommended to cut lumber because you need thinner hyd mech band saw blades for lighter works.
- Nailshredder max bi-metal hyd mech band saw blades – it is suggested for the dismantling of block pallets. It is as long lasting as the bi-metal but more aggressive. It is not affected by screws or nails in the pallets.
The Coolants and Lubricants
- Synthetic Fluids – this type of lubricant had no oil-based products and made from compounds. It gives the best cooling among others but is more expensive compared to other coolants.
- Semi-synthetic fluids – it is comprised of both soluble cutting fluids and synthetic. It is less pricey than the synthetic ones.
- Water Soluble Oil Products – soluble oil is compatible with materials such as aluminum, aerospace substance, and stainless steels to name a few. It increases the tool life by giving good mold and bacteria control when applied.
- Wax Stick Lubricant – this wax lubricant only suits the blades for cutting plastics and nonferrous metals. It can be applied directly to the hyd mech band saw blade for a faster and cleaner application than other solutions. It can prolong the tool life by preventing burring and stopping binding.