Here are some of the benefits when using close cell polyethylene in foam molding:
- Closed cell polyethylene when used in foam molding is easily formed by utilizing various methods. These processes, such as thermoforming and vacuum forming, make it possible to create 3D shapes which will meet the customers’ specific demand.
- Foam made of polyethylene makes it easier to be molded. Its density varies from 2 pcf with a maximum of 30 pcf making it possible to vary its softness or hardness depending on the application.
- Closed cell foam molding is highly resilient – it can be stretched and compressed and it will spring back to its original state – making it an ideal material for molded foam packaging.
- It also boasts a high resistance against tearing and a high tensile strength so it will not easily fail.
- The closed cell foam molding can also withstand different temperature making it usable in any kind of environment.
- It is also non-permeable which is ideal when use in molded foam packaging, making sure the items inside will be protected from liquid.
- The tools used in molding the closed cell foam are not expensive.
- It is also safe to use in medical applications since it can be sterilized.
- The surface texture of closed cell polyethylene foam molding is extremely fine.
Many industries are employing the use of closed cell polyethylene foam molding because of its flexibility. It can be designed to a specific purpose and application without compromising its effectiveness. It can be in a specific colour, set to a specific density or a precise thickness. The closed cell foam molding can be treated and molded to change its properties and serve ideal for a certain application.
Closed cell foam molding is already employed in a lot of consumer goods manufacturing like car seats and a variety of sporting goods. Due to its many benefits, closed cell foam molding is also used in the following applications:
- Closed cell foam molding is used as trunk liners by different automotive vehicles
- Consumer products such as sporting equipments and car seats
- Decorative packaging as well as in molded foam packaging
- Also used in gaskets to help prevent leaks between two objects joined
- It can also be employed in various industrial applications
- It is also used as liners
- Due to the closed cell foam molding’s insulation against heat and resistance to liquid, it is utilized in different marine applications and also serves as storage compartments
- It has been proven ideal for certain medical devices like supports and protective braces. It serves as an insulating foam and to stabilize packages containing medical devices
- By using closed cell foam molding, computers and electronics and other fragile items will be perfectly protected when packaging
- Other applications include, but not limited to, protective padding, wraps on thermal insulations, serves as seals and also used in manufacturing toys.