- A lathe works by rotating a work piece in place as the excess materials are cut away with the use of cutting tools. The material is then ready for deformation. Lathes have a variety of application such as drilling, sanding, cutting, deforming or knurling. In order to remove all the debris in the work piece, a cutting fluid is applied. It also serves as a coolant and a lubricant for the cutting tools. CNC lathes are usually employed by companies that manufacture crankshafts and camshafts.
- Milling Machines. For metals and solids that need to be shaped into complex parts, a milling machine is the ideal solution. The work is done by mounting the work piece on top of a moveable working table. The table is the one guiding the work to the rotating cutter which is stationary. In other designs, the cutter could also be moving while the working table is stationary. Common applications involve rebating, planning, routing, drilling and slot cutting. Three dimensional results can also be achieved with this machine, as well as engraving and die sinking.
- With this machine, a specific instruction must be followed when working on a part. The cut and the hole are controlled by software. If these tasks need to be done repeatedly, a computer is used to control the operation. The sequence with how the materials are drilled depends on the feed rate, depth, cycle’s cancellation and retraction.
- Plasma Cutters. With the help of a software program, a material is cut using a plasma torch. The torch head used in slicing the work piece is computer controlled and is often used in creating welding seams for components that are made up of various parts. For thick materials, plasma cutting machines can be used. It is more commonly seen in manufacturing plants for vents and ducts.
- This custom machining Toronto technique used in Toronto is ideal for hard materials that are impossible to shape. This method can only be used in materials that are conductors of electricity such as ferrous alloys. In order to shape the material, it is vaporized by applying electrical bursts derived from electrode in rapid succession. Dielectric fluid is then used to clean away the debris.
- Water Jet Cutter. Stream of water with high pressure is used to create erosion on the material. The computer controls the jet or the table with this system.
- Oxy-Fuel Cutter. This method employs torch in order to increase the temperature of ferrous metals. As soon as the kindling point is reached, a stream of oxygen with high pressure is applied thereby causing a chemical reaction. The cutter used in this technique is powered by gases and uses a CNC program.
- Laser Cutter. Work pieces are shaped with the aid of laser. The result has a clean finish because excess materials are melted.
Computer Numerical Control or more commonly known as CNC machine uses tools that are controlled by a computer. A program is saved in the computer’s memory with the setting needed to make a certain part. CNC machines are ideal for custom machining application in Toronto. Here are some of the most common tools used in CNC machining Toronto.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.