The process of creating Custom industrial oven
Every Custom industrial oven starts from a design where a team works with you to determine your application and to gain a unique concept of your system and processes. Detailed mechanical and electrical AutoCAD drawings and schematics will be provided before fabrication of the oven starts. Features can be customized based on the needs for heat treatment. Sources of heating range from gas burned systems, electric heaters, radiant panels or infrared systems. If there are requirements for a conveyor system, it can be provided through flat-wire belts, mesh weave belts, Teflon belts, plastic belts, chain-on-edge and customized tooling. Air flow can be vertical or horizontal cross flow or a combination of both. When you are dealing with unique requirements, it is important to make the process as efficient and effective as possible by having a customized design and configuration.
Criteria in designing a Custom industrial oven
Specialized manufacturing processes usually have stringent requirements which make it impossible to use a standard industrial oven. In many cases, modern manufacturing requires Custom industrial oven to be designed to meet product and process-specific requirements. There must a clear idea on how to make the process of thermal processing as efficient as possible.
- Oven type – continuous conveyor ovens can move products at a steady rate which is the best option for a large volume of similar products that require thermal processing. Indexing ovens allow for automated heating and cooling sequences as the product moves through them.
- Heating source – typical heat sources for conveyor ovens are electric, natural gas, LPG or infrared but a customized industrial oven can be designed using a combination of heat sources like electricity and gas.
- Temperature range – in order to design a customized oven according to the desired temperature range, it is important to identify the requirements of the product for heat and the minimum and maximum operating temperatures. Industrial ovens can be customized to reach different temperatures at various points in the process including multiple heat zones with necessary controls to regulate temperature.
- Heating and cooling profiles – one of the most important parts of the oven is the heating profile which refers to the amount of time the products needs to heat, how long it needs to be heated and whether it needs cooling for handling safety.
- Airflow – is a critical component of an industrial oven because it can facilitate quicker time-to-temperature, transfer heat more efficiently to parts and ensure temperature uniformity throughout the oven.
There are other factors necessary in customizing an industrial oven that includes the work environment whether there is enough space at the plant for access considerations and product handling.