The dangers of electrical fires
One of the dangers of electrical fires is the absence of smoke. By the time you notice that there is a fire, the flames are already all over the walls. Based on statistics, 20% of fires in Canada were due to electricity and it would have been prevented by a call to the industrial electrician in Toronto to perform some preventive maintenance of the system. Faulty wiring is the number cause of electrical fires and this is due to installations made by incompetent individuals. If your establishment needs to have some electrical wiring done, make sure you call the industrial electrician in Toronto who has the required expertise and knowledge for the job. Deterioration of electrical wiring is normal and it is a gradual process that often goes unnoticed. If you smell something burning, have it checked. If you notice that the wall outlets are starting to get discolored and the breakers always trip, they are simply telling you that there is something wrong with the system. The longer you wait to get it fixed, the more that your property’s safety is compromised.
The role of the industrial electrician in Toronto
Industrial electrician in Toronto is usually employed by contractors and maintenance departments of manufacturing plants, commercial establishments and factories. Most of their duties include:
- Interpretation of drawings, blueprints and schematics of an electrical system including the specifications of the electrical code before the installation of an electrical system for an establishment.
- Maintenance, testing, troubleshooting and repair of electrical systems and equipment
- Install, replace, or upgrade electrical wirings, receptacles, switch boxes, circuits and all other electrical components used in a plant or establishment
- Maintenance of electronic components and related devices
- Ensuring that there is preventive maintenance program in place and that all maintenance records are kept and updated
- Calibration of electrical equipment, instrumentation and other related devices
Advantages of employing an industrial electrician in Toronto
Downtime can result into the loss of productivity and profitability but it can be minimized if there is an in-house industrial electrician in Toronto. Their presence in a plant will ensure that any crisis can be handled immediately. For example a simple spark can cause a fire or an explosion if there are highly combustible materials or hazardous gas in storage. The industrial electrician in Toronto can closely monitor the system to ensure that the workplace is free from any hazards. They understand the right precautions to be undertaken to prevent the unnecessary loss of lives and property.