What are the Right Tools to Use when Cleaning Dryer Vents and How would You Use Them?
- If you are going to clean your dryer vent, make sure you use the right tools. The right tools can help clean your dryer vent efficiently.
- Air compressors combined with the right air hose can effectively loosen any lint buildup in your dryer vent. In order to do this, you should first loosen the vent clamp with a screw driver or a nut driver. After you have slid the vent from the dryer, use the air compressor and hose to loosen the lint build up in the vent tubing. After that, you can move onto to the hole on the back of the dryer to loosen up the lint buildup there as well.
- Brushes can be used to loosen the lint buildup that the air compressors could not reach. There are a variety of brushes to be used. Make sure that the brush you are going to use has a very long handle and a bristle that can be strong enough to remove hard lint buildups.
- Vacuums are used to remove the loosened lint buildups. You can also use them instead of air compressors because they can be switchable from blowing to suction (negative) to help capture the loosened lint buildups.
- Safety alarms can be bought to help people know when it is time to clean your dryer vents.
Do not forget to clean the dryer vent outside the house too. The same procedures apply. Just remove the cover of the vent. You can use a razor knife to cut away the caulk.
When it becomes too difficult, or if you don’t have the time to clean your own dryer vents, you can always hire professional help. There are many companies who specialize in the cleaning of dryer vents and offer their services for a decent amount of money. But be careful when choosing a company to clean your vents. There are those who do not use the proper dryer vent cleaning tools, always conduct a research before you hire someone to clean your vents. The internet can be great source of high performance companies.