Why do we need to recycle old computer and electronics equipment? Electronic waste or e-waste includes circuit boards, monitors, hard drives and printers. All items that are considered electronic waste must not be disposed of just like the regular trash because these items have toxic substances which are harmful to the environment and hazardous to the health of humans. What is shocking is that most of these electronic wastes are sent to developing countries and the United Nation later found out how these e-waste are not disposed properly. Because of this, more and more people are anxious of the effect of the hazardous chemicals as well as the heavy metals to the environment. It does not only add to the pollution but could affect the health of the population especially in South America, Africa and Asia. Proper ways of electronics recycling in Mississauga is necessary due to the amount of lead a single unit of computer contains which amounts to 2 kilograms.
There are many options when it comes to electronics recycling Mississauga. The first option is disposable by sending the product back to the original manufacturer, the second is dropping the items to a professional recycling facility and the third is by donation through nonprofit organizations.
- Disposal through the manufacturer. Nowadays, more and more manufacturer have programs dedicated to the proper disposal of their products. This e-waste management has been a requirement in most of the companies in order to encourage all the consumers to recycle. There are some companies that shoulders all the fee incurred during the sending of the product. These products are then disassembled and sorted out depending on the material. For aluminum and steel, they can still be recycled and made into another product. The remaining substances that can’t be recycled are then disposed of properly in a way that cannot harm the environment. Huge companies supports recycling in various countries in order to achieve the following:
- Offer a more convenient option for the consumers.
- Lessen the amount of e-waste being sent to landfill sites.
- Reduce the volume of raw materials which is needed to make new products.
- When you send your e-waste to a professional recycling facility, it is more likely that you will pay for the sending of the item as well as the recycling fee.
- Donating your old electronics equipment is possible if they are still in working condition. If not, they are still accepted as long as they are repairable.