Website design in Toronto is an important aspect in a website because it can make or break your success online. If you want users to stay on your site and click on products and eventually buy them, here are some useful ideas to try on.
- The website should have a logo that is professional looking and it should be linked to the website’s home page. The logo will represent your brand and should be emphasized on the website. The image should be in high-resolution and should be located in the upper left corner of every page. The visitors should be able to click on the logo and be sent back to the home page for easy navigation.
- Navigation should be simple and easy. There should be a primary and secondary navigation in every website. The primary is usually a horizontal menu bar that is located at the top of the page while the secondary is located just under the primary or it can also be a sidebar. If the navigation is confusing, users will leave rather than look for contents inside the site.
- Clutter-free website design. A web page should not contain too much clutter or information such as overuse of images and animated gifs. As a rule of thumb, Website design in Toronto firms will limit links to the header and footer. Paragraphs containing a lot of texts are also a big no. Make it concise with a maximum of six lines.
- Don’t be afraid to use the white space. The user should have enough room to take in everything and the white space will help. This will aid the visitor to focus more on the contents of the website.
- Pick the right colors. If you want your website to look clean and modern then use neutral colors with just the right amount of colors that will make the headline stand out. Good Website design in Toronto suggests that the color palette should match the colors on the logo for a complementing look.
- Images used should be relevant and taken by professionals. Good images are good investments when it comes to website. Visitors will know right away if the photos used are just free stock images downloaded on the internet and have been used several times by other websites. Your company is unique and so should the images as well. Professional photos with high quality will make the website look more professional and will convey a positive message to users.
- Select versatile fonts. Some users access the web through their computers while others use their mobile phones – in this case a universal font is suggested. Regardless the device used, the font should be easily readable.
- Pages should be designed with the thought that each of them is a landing page. Not all users visit the site for the first time through the home page of the website. Some of them may find themselves in another page for the first visit.