Air compressor parts Toronto and their functions
There are different types of industrial air compressors available in the market with the rotary screw and reciprocating air compressors as the most common. Although these industrial air compressors work in different ways to produce compressed for a manufacturing process, Air compressor parts Toronto are relatively the same. Each industrial air compressor includes:
- Motor – is the main source of power and drives the compressor to produce compressed air
- Storage tank – is used to store compressed air until it there is a need. Tanks come in different sizes but for industrial use, the bigger tanks are a better option because they can provide a continuous supply of compressed air.
- Drains – discard excess water from the tank to prevent moisture. Moisture in compressed air can cause problems particularly when it begins to condense into liquid water. Moisture can cause rust and increased wear on moving parts and it washes away lubricants. It can jeopardize processes that depend on dry compressed air.
- Intake filter – protects the air compressor from dust and dirt that may be sucked in. Dust is an enemy of the air compressor because it can cause wear on the elements, valves and other parts. A compressor that has a dirty inlet filter tends to reduce its output capacity.
- Exit filter – removes contamination from compressed air. Filters are suggested on the point-of-use to remove dirt and oil in the distribution line including water that has condensed downstream from the main filter.
- Control valve – The check valve is located on point where the compressor discharge pipe is connected to storage tank to prevent the tank from draining. On bigger compressors, there is usually a big unloading valve that is controlled through air pressure from a small pilot valve.
- Switch – turns on the air compressor motor to a minimum air pressure and turns off the motor when the desired pressure has been achieved.
Aftermarket air compressor parts are generally cheaper than parts from the original equipment manufacturer. However, contrary to the assumption of many people, a cheaper air compressor part does not mean poor quality. In the aftermarket, parts that are no longer being sold by the manufacturer may be available. There are instances when an air compressor manufacturer has discontinued a certain a model which means that its parts are no longer available. There are literally hundreds of aftermarket part manufacturers and it is very likely that one of them still produces the specific air compressor part. It also makes sense to ensure that you keep in stock critical Air compressor parts Toronto particularly consumables like filters to avoid downtime that can delay production.