The basic industrial air compressor parts
- Electric motor – power is provided to the compressor pump through the electric motor. The motor drives the pulley and two belts which transfer the power to the pump pistons through a flywheel and crank shaft.
- Compressor pump – in the two-stage air compressor, there is a minimum of two pump cylinders that industrial compresses air twice; first in the larger low pressure cylinder and then in the high pressure cylinder. Two-stage industrial air compressor can produce pressures from 145 to 175 psi.
- Receiver – the tank that receives and stores compressed air is called the receiver. A check valve which can be found at the receiver inlet will prevent compressed air form flowing back into the compressor pump.
- Pressure switch – is the industrial air compressor part that will shut down the motor when the air pressure in the receiver reaches the factory-set limit. The pressure switch will restart the motor when the compressed air has been used up and the pressure in the tank reaches the pre-set level.
The basic industrial air compressor parts are important to the function of the equipment but there are also accessories with their own roles and importance to its smooth performance.
- Safety valve – is one of the most vital accessories of an air compressor. It regulates the flow of substances from the air compressor to ensure a safe function.
- Drain valves – remove condensate from the air system without losing excessive compressed air and without shutting down the system. It is important to ensure that the drain valves do not get overloaded otherwise the compressed air system can be damaged.
- Shutoff valves – is the efficient protection to the pneumatic system in case there is a broken compressed air hose or pipe. It also shuts off air supply if its volume exceeds the preset level.
Having all the necessary industrial air compressor parts in stock will ensure that there will be an available part once there is a need for a replacement. Being prepared will reduce downtime that can impact on production.