A 3D wire bender unit may differ from one another but it follows general technical specifications.
- The machine is known to be operating at a very high speed and the bending process is done within seconds, around 1 to 1.5.
- These machines have the ability to bend heavy materials such as a wire gauge that measures around 10 millimeter.
- They have a built in air compressor and a hydraulic pressure driven motor making sure that the machine will operate swiftly.
- The units can be easily opened, cleaned and maintained.
- The interface is usually user-friendly and can be programmed without difficulty.
- One press of a button and the operator will be able to command the machine to do complicated bending processes for remarkable end results.
- These machines are also built with a CNC control system and an AC servo motor, both are designed to improve the production’s quality.
CNC and wire bending machines are essential to most industries these days because of its ability to bend wired, make them into a certain shape and still make sure it is durable or has a high tensile strength. Stronger and high quality manufacture products are made with the help of CNC and wire bending machines.
Bending machines, put simply, is designed to bend into shape parts of a product. It employs various bending designs and styles. Here are some of the most common bending procedures:
- Standard Bending. These are used on products that require strict or standard geometrical lines. Machines that perform standard bending come with an electronic angular management which makes sure that every bend done is controlled by the machine.
- Edgewise Bending. If a product needs a parallel bending axis then this method is employed. For this method, high ending accuracy is needed.
- Offset Bending. When two materials need to be bended at the same time with small distance in between them, this technique is utilized.
- U-Bending. As the name implies, this method is used on materials with narrow geometry. A mandrel is included in the bending process.
A wire bending machine is used in various applications. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Kitchen baskets
- Display racks
- Fan guards
- Home decoration
- Bathroom accessories
It is also used in various manufacturing industries such as:
- Manufacturing of automotive parts
- Manufacturing of household appliances
- Making of indoor and outdoor furniture
- Supermarkets and shops’ equipment
- Wire-wound resistors
- Manufacturing aircraft parts
Nowadays, CNC bending machines are more popular than ever because it requires less time when setting up and it offers flexibility. These machines are also capable of bending single pieces or small batches but with the same efficiency and level of accuracy.