What are the advantages of using a vacuum system?
- Unlike other collection method, there is no unwanted noise, sights and nuisance odor during the storing of containers, actual handling and collection process.
- Emissions by the vehicles used in waste collection are reduced.
- The inlets for disposal can be used 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- The sewer point of the property where the sewerage drain will be connected.
- A chamber where the waste where be collected and an interface valve for the vacuum.
- Pumping station for the vacuum and delivery to the treatment facility.
The interface valve used in the vacuum collection system is automatic and the operation is pneumatic which makes the whole operation quite sensitive. Disposal of normal waste will create a normal operation in the system but users should be aware that the valve could be easily blocked and stay in the open position in case foreign waste or unwanted materials are injected or allowed to pass through the sewerage drain of the property. In case of a blockage in the valve, the wastewater will pass through the relief gullies provided in case of overflow and flow out the surface or it could also flow through any fitted vent that are positioned lower. Any vents connected by any property will be affected so caution must be practiced.
It is the responsibility of the plumbers or the drainers to make sure that all open ends are capped before doing any construction in order to prevent waste and other foreign objects to enter the drain. For fitting option, it is not recommended to use any self-sealing devices to fix any trap. The rubber seal of the vacuum may be accidentally activated and it may cause unwanted noise in the system.