There are some ways on how knob and tube removal Toronto be safer than usual. Aside from the basics on electrical, it is better to know that knob and tube removal in Toronto is cost effective by following these steps to minimize the effects of heat transfers. The more effective it will bring to the users of knob and tube wiring if they are also being so matured in processing the removal thing. Since knob and tube is difficult to replace, you can actually break it to some points that may be introduced later to make your removal effective, safe and proven of good quality without hazards on you.
- Turn the circuit breakers off to prevent any accidents cause by electrocuting. See if the knob and tube wiring is still connected to the breakers, if that’s the case you need to remove it using screwdriver and pull it out from the box.
- Check if the wire doesn’t have voltage by using voltage meter.
- From the electric panel, cut along old wirings until you reach the knobs.
- Remove the knobs by hammering it or wrapped it with electrical tape.
- Upon reaching the tube, cut the end wire.