Why is Air Duct Cleaning Necessary?
- Air duct cleaning is necessary because as time goes by, a lot of things can build up inside your air ducts. Dust bunnies, allergens and all kinds of bacteria can form inside the tubes that carry cool or hot air to your home. Since they provide the ventilation for your house or building, they can pose several health hazards. Not only that, if air ducts are neglected and left dirty, it will not give a good performance.
What is the Right Air Duct Cleaning Equipment to be used?
- If you are planning to do your air duct maintenance by yourself, then you can use these tools to help you.
- Vacuums. Vacuums suck unwanted organisms and dirt inside your air duct. They have filters that the exhaust air doesn’t contaminate the air in your home. There are two types of vacuums. The first one has a long nose that can fit easily and allows better movement inside the metallic tubes. The second one fits over the opening of the ducts and creates a negative air flow.
- Brushes. Brushes help remove stubborn stains and molds from the air ducts without damaging them. Brushes should long-handled and with stiff bristles so they can loosen the dust or any debris to be sucked into the vacuum. There are brushes that can be operated manually while there are also others that are powered by electricity. You can also use the ones you use in scrubbing pots and pans if you don’t have the budget to buy new brushes.
- Ladder. The ladder will help you reach the ducts. It should be sturdy and allows you to reach the part of the air duct that you are interested in cleaning.
- Air compressor. Air compressors help remove everything in the air ducts. They can be very noisy but they get the work done.
- Whips. Whips are attached to the end of the compressor hose. They help loosen any buildup in the air duct.
- Air hose. Air hoses are the ones used in clearing out debris. You can also add attachments in the air hose like whips to help loosen any buildup for the hose to suck.
When using air duct cleaning equipment, you should also consider your safety. Always prepare extra clothes and try to cover the carpets or any furniture to protect them from the unwanted dirt or even from dust mites that live in the air ducts.
If the buildups on the air duct are too much for you to handle then you should hire professional help. There are many companies who offer their services for a good price. Professional help is best when cleaning air ducts in large buildings and offices.