Different types of industrial adhesives
- Silicon-based adhesives. Are flexible and has a high resistance to heat up to 600˚F.
- Rubber adhesives. Offers a strong and highly flexible bond between surfaces. They are known for their high resistance to chemicals and environmental hazards. Rubber adhesives also include epoxy-based adhesives.
- UV curing adhesives. Even without the use of heat, they still give a strong bond between materials. They use ultraviolet light and many different sources of radiation. UV curing adhesives could vary in bonding time. Some could bond instantly while others require a lot of time.
- Anaerobic adhesives. They are effective when in an environment with no oxygen. Many industries use anaerobic adhesives because they reduce cost and increases reliability on industrial companies. Most notable are the military and aerospace industries.
- Thermo set adhesives. They make use of heat pr anything that is combined with heat and pressure.
- Hot melt adhesives. They undergo a softening process using heat then a cooling process to harden it later on. This is a flexible form of adhesive because it allows you to reposition materials while it is being assembled.
- Acrylic adhesives. This type of adhesive provides highly effective resistance to environmental stresses. Acrylic adhesives have a faster rate of setting when applied to a surface.
- Super glues. Also known as cyanoacrylates, they provide an instant bonding on any type of mated surface.
- Pressure adhesives. Only needs a minimum amount of pressure during the bonding process. It is often called contact adhesives.
Simply put, adhesives are strong substances that join two surfaces together. It has become the most popular method of fastening outshining the more traditional mechanical techniques. Advances in technology have made it possible for industries to develop a more effective way of fastening without increasing any cost value. Adhesives are now being used in almost all industrial companies from around the world like those from those who specialize in automotive, aerospace and military fields. In industries like food production, toys or stationary items, industrial adhesive play an important role in packaging. In big industries, industrial adhesives take the primary role. They are central to the assemblage of the spare parts of machines, and even in the painting and labeling aspect.
If you are thinking of purchasing one, you should remember to do some research first. The cost for adhesive purchases can be very misleading. Always ask the suppliers the right question because it will protect the outcome of your purchase. Never ever forget to ask professional advice. There are numerous companies who specialize in the production and development of high quality adhesives. The internet can help you search the best companies to help you in your purchase. Professional help will give you an assurance and will help you feel at ease with your decisions.