If you are interested in knowing the secret of the mouthwatering Baklava Toronto then you are in for a treat because it will be discussed below. The ingredients, the finer picks and the steps in making the dish is available in this discussion so you better read on.
Basically, you need to prepare to separate sets of ingredients because you will make use of one set for the syrup and one for the pastry. You will need 2 folds of phyllo, a cup of raw almonds that are blanched to tiny pieces, 1/3 cup of unsalted butter which is preferred to be melted, half a cup of melted honey, half cup of quality wise sugar, 1 tablespoon of freshly grinded orange rind and a teaspoon of cinnamon. You must make sure that the measurement of the materials that you will be suing such as the circumference of the pan is precise because this dish is all about accuracy.
- Mix the blanched almonds and the grinded orange rind.
- Cut two sheets of phyllo. Spread a melted butter in both sheets.
- Brush the first mixture on the top surface of the sheet. Make sure that you leave an inch in the perimeter of the phyllo sheet edges.
- Fold the sheets towards the center and brush the exposed surface with melted butter.
- Roll the sheet several times and remember to always leave space.
- Place the roll into the pan. Make a continuous process of still rolling and brushing of butter until you form a tight spiral.
- If the pan is full of the rolled sheets then you can apply the last brush of melted butter. Make sure that the oven was preheated beforehand. The ideal temperature is 180 Celsius. The baking time in around 30 to 40 minutes. Do not let the product be overcooked because it can taste weird.
- Get the pastry out of the oven if you see the golden brown color. Place it in a plate and pour the hot syrup that you should also be making while baking the pastry.
- Mix the sugar with the half-filled cup of water and a small amount of honey.
- Boil the mixture.
- Turn the heat down slowly and stir the mixture well to prevent it from caramelizing.
- Pour immediately to the baked pastry.
There is no known documentation about how Baklava Toronto was made but every single individual that tasted it is thankful to whoever discovered the recipe for this amazing pastry. You can avail this on many restaurants and bakery in Toronto. Find out where these delectable are best served.