What is an industrial electrician?
- An industrial electrician, as the name implies, is a type of electrician that performs electrician duties in industrial and non-residential environments, such as factories and paper manufacturers. Basically, an industrial technician in Toronto installs, checks and repairs electrical equipment, including components and wiring systems. In some cases, industrial technicians are hired for maintaining electrical control systems and generations.
People, for the most part, think that industrial electricians function like standard electricians who perform electrical duties in residential environments. But little do they, industrial electricians are very different from these technicians. Here are the major differences between these two types of electricians:
Different area of expertise
- The electrical systems found in households and residential buildings are completely different from the ones used in a commercial or industrial setting. Not only do commercial electrical systems have higher voltage requirements, but they also have complex segments and designs. Keep in mind that industrial equipment and machinery require more resilience and power, as compared to the equipment and appliances used in a household. A commercial coffee brewer, for instance, needs more current and voltage from the one used in a household.
- Thus, to work on the electrical system on your commercial property or environment, it is crucial for you to hire a knowledgeable and competent electrician that specializes in industrial equipment and environment.
- Companies and business are under a tremendous amount of pressure to get every dime possible out of every second, no matter what industry they are in. Luckily, an industrial electrician in Toronto understands this pressure. With the services of this kind of electrician, you get to reduce the downtime of your equipment or electrical system, preventing further losses in your production.
- As trained professionals, industrial electricians understand the importance of having industrial machines fixed as quickly as possible. These specialists have the tools, knowledge and experience to perform repairs with less downtime and impact on the business’s operations. And, if it will take a while to find the parts for the equipment, they will find alternative solutions to fix the problem temporarily or permanently. Standard electrical contractors, on the other hand, won’t know these solutions, as they do not usually work with these kinds of electrical systems.
Building laws and codes
- An industrial electrician in Toronto knows all the building codes and laws concerning electrical installations. Thus, with their services, you get to avoid hefty fines and penalties that can be imposed by your area’s governing bodies. Furthermore, it prevents fires and accidents that can be caused by improper installation of an electrical system.