- Good archers know when to train, when School Archery Target to coach and when to shoot. When you are playing your game, someone might approach you and coach you. However, an experienced archer once said that when you are shooting, you should not be coached. When you are actually shooting, you need to focus on the target and not be distracted by the comments of other people. Many would watch you shoot and tease you in various ways. What you need to do is to turn deaf ear to these. Your primary motive should be taking the correct stance and archery. Notice how the Koreans practice archery, they do not even talk with their peers or coach. They are target oriented.
- Archery is fun. If you do not commit mistakes, would you be able to learn? Positivism and coupled with some precision is very vital part of archery. If you do not enjoy what you are doing, you will never emerge as a top player in your sport. If you keep on missing your shots, do not take them to your mind. Forget those as you begin making new shots.
- Achieve proper balance. You need to push your arm directly towards the target. Unless you are not maintaining good balance of your arms, you cannot accurately hit your set target. Keep in mind that this particular technique will only be achieved through constant practice. You will not be able to adopt it immediately.
- Work on a very strong mental visualization. Experts would say that if an athlete does not know how to improve his mental visualization then he would never be able to achieve top quality and world class archery performance. It is therefore necessary to improve your mental visualization.
- You need to know when to call it a day. If you have problems with your muscles or if you are hungry, you need to stop shooting immediately. Your bow will be the performance machine. However, you should practice only when you are in good body condition. Take for instance the Japanese Kyuodo practitioner. He shoots two arms in a single day and this was attributed to muscle stretching.
- Shoot and die. This is actually a popular slogan used in martial arts. When you are shooting, you need to keep in mind that archery is a matter of life or death. You need to display a composed gait while you are releasing the bowstring. Yes, there would be some ambiguous feelings but you need to focus on the targets that you made.
Focus on your own archery. Archery is all about being prepared. You need to have ample training and prepare yourself rather than wasting your time in assessing the skills of other people. Irresponsibility will lead an athlete nowhere.