There are several advantages of a pressure gauge which is digital compared to the traditional analog pressure gauge. One of the reasons why digital pressure gauges are preferred by several industries is due to its ability to read international measurement units such as psi, bar and MPa. This accurate reading tool eliminates manual calculation of pressure which can be faulty. It has multi-function display which can recall previous minimal and maximum pressure readings. It also displays full scale pressure measurements. Some of the most notable advantages of a digital pressure gauges are the following:
- Yields high accuracy readings compared to analog. Since pressure measurement is done electronically, you can always count on the tools reliability.
- A digital pressure gauge does not require an operator to interpret the readings. This digital equipment will do all the measurement and reading then display it in simple, numerical results.
- A digital pressure gauge can be customized. That is another advantage of this equipment. It can be modified in such a way that it is more steadfast and has back-lit for easy reading of display.
- It can also be read steadily even in conditions where there is high vibration.
- Digital pressure gauges can also be installed with electronic alarms to notify workers and operators in case there is an irregularity in the readings.
Disadvantages of Digital Pressure Gauge
Just like any technological invention and gadgets out there, a digital pressure gauge has its share of downsides. One of these cons is that using the gadget requires the use of battery. A user also cannot see full scale or see the movement of pressure with this device. Digital pressure gauges also cannot read oscillating values.
Digital pressure gauges can be powered through battery or via solar. The good thing about using battery to power the device is that it allows longer use of the equipment especially in the field. A regular battery can power the pressure gauge for u to 4,000 hours. Some digital pressure gauge has auto power-off feature that automatically shuts down the tool when it is no longer in use. This allows saving of battery life which is important if you are working remotely in the field. The only disadvantage to this is that you never know when you are going to replace the battery. Thus, it is vital that you have spare batteries when working outdoors.
On the other hand, while a solar-powered digital pressure gauge is equally reliable, you would need a constant supply of sun or wind to have the tool working.