Residential electrician Toronto the usual duties of an electrician involve the following:
- reading and interpreting technical diagrams and blueprints
- installation and maintenance of the system wiring, control as well as the lighting systems
- inspect electrical related components like the circuit breakers and transformers
- identify potential electrical problems and give a fix for current electrical problems
- repair or replace equipment, wires and fixtures with the use of power tools and hand tools
- adhere to the local building regulations as well as to state statures based on the National Electric Code
- train and direct workers on how to install, maintain and repair equipments and electrical wirings
Installing electrical wirings and other systems in buildings that are newly constructed is less complicated than in maintaining these systems. The reason behind this is because the electrical wiring can be readily accessed during the construction of the building. When you are tasked to maintain systems and equipments, it is somewhat more complicated in that it involves identifying the root cause of the problem and in repairing broken parts of equipments that is oftentimes difficult to access. Maintenance work encompass fixing and replacing different parts, control systems, motors, light fixtures and other equipments run by electrical power.
In the year 2012, electricians held more than 500,000 jobs. Sixty one percent of these belong to the electrical contractors and to wiring installation contractor industry. There were about 9 percent who were self-employed.
Electricians either work outdoors or indoors and they are tasked to carry out different jobs in businesses, homes, construction sites and factories or manufacturing plants. Electricians usually travel to multiple worksites in a single day that is why you have to be a ready traveler if you want to be an electrician. Electricians working on the jobsite work in cramped spaces. The electrician has to be accustomed to kneeling and standing for several hours when necessary. Those who are part of the maintenance personnel in factories are usually subjected to noise of machines. If you are exposed in this kind of environment, you should be wearing a hearing protection in order to protect you from excess noise.