The quality of the chosen wire mesh for a fence will depend greatly on the type of material used in production. The life of the fence is also dependent on the material used. In order to make sure that you choose the right wire mesh fence that will serve longer, the quality of the material must be carefully inspected to make sure it meets the requirement.
- In order to understand the process done in welding the wire mesh fence, you have to see what it looks like. The welding is usually done between wires of different types and specifications. The quality of the welded wire mesh will greatly depend on the strength of the wire and the diameter chosen when producing it. Manufacturers tend to choose wires that are of quality before the welding process is done. After the right type of wire is chosen, it is then welded and thoroughly checked if it can operate and function well manually and mechanically. Manufacturers differ in the production of the welded wire mesh fence. The bigger companies employ automatic welding machines while the smaller ones manufacture wire mesh through manual welding.
- Second thing which should be considered when choosing the wire mesh is the framework of the product. There are manufacturers that use round or angled steel depending on the application.
- Third and the last is the process of spraying the wire mesh fence. Look for signs of uniformity in the products paint and also inquire about the quality of the paint used.
- Plan ahead. Choose the right fence depending on the application and the purposes it will serve. There are various types of fences available in the market. You could choose the specific height, the size of the fence, the spacing in the openings of the mesh, the finishing used, and the gauges used. Plan where to put the corners and the ends of the fence. By planning ahead, you will be able to calculate the length of the fence needed and you could buy the right amount. You could also count the number of posts needed to finish the job. A gate is also needed in almost every fencing project. For the posts, you can either choose wood or a T posts that is studded. The posts should have a space of 8 to 10 feet between them.
- Installation. For the fence posts, make sure they are all placed in holes deep enough to withstand tension and that they are all in the same level before proceeding. Next step is to attach the fence to the posts. For wood posts, you can use galvanized staples to attach the fence. The staples are available in many sizes. For studded T-posts, it is usually provided with metal clips where you can attach the fence.