- First, you need to define your electrical project and the scope of work that you are seeking. Is it an electrical project that only requires small items? Or is it a very extensive project that would require additions of new homes?
- Use the available resources in your place. Do you know of anyone who worked as an electrician?
- Ensure that the contractor you will hire will give you free estimates. If they cannot estimate their rates, then you should not probably go with that contractor. You need to be certain what you are getting yourself into before you hire the contractor. Most contractors will present to you a written agreement for you to sign stating how much they are charging for the project. When it comes to pricing, there should be no surprises. If ever there are changes with the pricing scheme, the contractor has to present to you in detail those items that caused the change in price and they need to justify the amendment.
- Check references. A good contractor will be able to provide you with a list of references from past clients as well as feedbacks from them. Do not be hesitant to ask the contractor for the list. Whenever you ask the contractor for a list of reference, it will force the contractor to deal with previous clients in order to have the information. If the contractor did an outstanding job previously, people will not mind giving a positive testimonial.
- Ask the potential contractor for a certificate of insurance for the compensation of workers and also the insurance for general liability. Ensure that the insurance can cover the value of your house and other incidental costs. If something tragic will happen while working in your abode, you would want that the damages done will be covered by insurance and if ever an employee is injured, he will also be given his due compensation.
- Make sure that you are aware of the people that you are dealing in the contracting party. You should know who your contact person is so that you can immediately communicate whenever you have a complaint. Usually contractors will do their best in order to meet and exceed the expectations of their clients. There are times though that disagreement happens between the client and the contractor. This especially happens when the communication line is not open or when there is miscommunication.
Choosing the right contractor for a particular job can be a very daunting task. When you select an electrical contractor in Toronto, you need to give careful thought to your decision. The electricians sometimes come with the crew that you hire to completely remodel your house. There are times however that you just have to find an electrician to service your house wirings. There are different ways to find an electrical contractor Toronto. You can use the phonebook, search through the internet or through a referral service. These usual sources will give the one searching for a company name and an overview about the company. However, they will not provide you with anything apart from that. If you are looking for an electrical contractor in Toronto, you should follow steps given below.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.