Here are some tips you could use when hiring an Toronto electrical contractor.
- The most important thing that should be considered when hiring a contractor is the budget you have. Some projects often go way beyond the actual budget because of lack of planning. If you know how much you are going to spend on the project which includes the labor and the parts, the next thing you should do is wait for the contactor’s estimate to know the exact amount you will need. The estimate could sometimes be higher than your expected budget so it is recommended that you go over the planned budget by at least 20%.
- Before hiring and getting an estimate, it is important that you know the electricians who will work on your project. Call their number and ask important background information such as the company’s duration in the business, the business address and office number you can contact. It is also important to know if the electricians are certified and possess the necessary license. Don’t forget to ask if the work they will be performing is going to be insured. Last thing you will need is references from their previous clients.
- After getting the contacts of the references, it is crucial that you follow up and call them. You could get important information from them such as the quality of the project done, the accuracy of the estimate given, the time frame the project was done, the work ethics of the team working and whether they would recommend the electrician.
- After you are sure with the contractor you want, it’s time to schedule a meeting so you can get an estimate. This meeting will determine the work ethics of the contractors. Ask for any estimate fee if there is any so you can be prepared.
- Schedule a meeting with the electrician and ask them to bring any proof that the project will be bonded and insured. This is your insurance that any damage or injury during the work time is out of your responsibility. It is also the best time to ask for visual proof of their electrical license as well as any accompanying certificates.
- If you asked for estimates from various companies then it is best to compare them not only according to the cost but also consider the materials they are going to use, the work ethics of the workers and the reliability of the contractor.