Vertical boring mills machines are more practical compared to a standard lathe because of various reasons. Here are some tips when purchasing a vertical boring machine and why you should choose this one rather than the standard lathe as production machine:
- Standard lathe are not capable of machine work pieces that are larger thus the need for the vertical boring mills which are suitable for larger parts.
- These types of machines are flexible and can be used in many operations such as turning, boring and facing. It can be used in work pieces that are either small, large or in between.
- The machine will only need to be set up once before it can begin operation.
- If high speed is necessary in a certain operation then these machines are capable of making sure that the workloads are not irregular and are not located off center.
- Conventional. It utilizes gears and the supply is a motor that is able to create alternating current. The speed of the machine does not affect the maximum horsepower that the machine can offer. It is much cheaper yet flexible.
- Adjustable speed. Equipped with gearbox and a direct current motor supply. If flexible speed is required then this type is suitable.