Materials that undergo the process of grinding can be reduced into smaller pieces using either two types of method – wet grinding and dry grinding. Despite the fact that dry grinding will cost less when it comes to operation and capital, the types of materials that can be reduced using this method is only limited since the machine’s function is not as efficient. Wet grinding, on the other hand, has more benefit compared to dry grinding such as a more flexible function which gives more option for production.
When wet grinding is employed, the solid materials undergo milling but with the help of a liquid medium. Once the materials are mixed with the liquid, it is referred to as slurry. The slurry then undergoes size reduction with special equipment that is capable of turning the materials into finer pieces. The wet grinding is more expensive compared to the dry one and there are more steps in the process which means more energy is used and more labor needed. The cost and requirements are such because the method’s efficiency is much higher and able to process more materials and options for the required particle size are also available.
Because of the cost, it sometimes became quite a challenge for the manufacturers to yield finer sizes for their products. Good thing there are now in house options for the toll grinding service.
There are many benefits that manufacturers can get when availing the toll grinding services and they are listed below.
- No need have a capital for the expenses.
- Once the service is availed, the fee remains the same and comes with facilities and personnel.
- There is no requirement to secure an insurance or liability costs.
- The costs incurred during the production will be greatly reduced.
- Since different applications require different machines for efficiency, availing the service will give manufacturers access to various equipment used in the process.
- If you hire professionals in the field of size particle reduction, you will be sure that they know how to handle the type of materials you want to process despite the hazard and volatile nature.
- Support and testing can also be easily done using the service laboratory provided for the customers.
- There are more options when it comes to the quantity needed or the desired formulation.
- The service can be easily booked when the need arises.
- All of the company processes and services availed will remain confidential and will not be available to the public.