Perforated metal is very versatile. Perforated metal offers a variety of uses especially when it comes to its strength. One can use this metal as lightweight decorative materials or as heavy load bearing components in structure. Through the use of perforated materials you will be able to decorate, cover, ventilate, divide and filter your different products while at the same time answering any design issues on your product.
There are varied applications for perforated metals among these are the following: used in interior designing, as a noise control, protective security ceilings, sunscreens, decorative furnishings, star treads and raisers and fencing and screening.
The perforated metals are impressively present in different type of industries. In food processing, it is used in caring for bee hives, for grain dryers, and also used effectively in fish farming. It can also be used as hammer mill screens, in sorting machines, as threshing machine screens and as silo ventilation as well as for machine winnowing screens. As not commonly known to everyone, the perforated metals are extensively used in the chemical and energy industries. These are also used in the mechanical, manufacturing and the automotive industry. It can be used as ventilation for the engines in tractors or as a casing or a ventilation grid.
Holes are being punched into flat rolled aluminum, copper, steel or other substances in order to produce the perforated metal. Here are additional quick facts regarding this type of metal:
- During the perforating process, waste is being produced as holes are being punched out of the steel
- The medium used to punch the holes in this type of metal is the shears or a special kind of laser; and while doing so, the metal is not being stretched.
- The perforated metal is made up of either galvanized steel, stainless steel or the cold rolled steel.
- This type of metal is being produced from different coils or sheets.
- It is typically used for engineered parts of automobiles, machines and other items.
- It comes in different styles, patterns, materials and gauges
- This metal is usually made for the purpose of decoration, filtration and as a means of reinforcement.
- As stated above, this is widely popular in almost all kind of industries including automotive, chemical, waste management and pharmaceutical industries.