Guidelines When Choosing Vertical Boring Mills
Here are points presented to explain why vertical boring mills are better than standard lathe and should be considered when buying a machine for production:
- These machines are better of the work piece that needs to be machined are either very large or very heavy which cannot be handled when using a standard lathe.
- These machines are very flexible and can do various operations including boring, facing and turning. These machining can also be done on different sizes of work pieces.
- After setting up the machines, it can start its necessary work.
- When performing operations such as turning at high speed, these machines can counterbalance any workloads that are either off center or irregular.
- The first type is conventional and driven by gears. The supply used is a motor producing alternating current which can produce table speeds in the following amount: 16, 20 and 24. This type uses maximum horsepower no matter the speed of the machine. For a cheaper alternative, this system is very flexible.
- The second type has an adjustable speed with gearbox and a motor that supplies direct current. This table drive can generate various table speeds with infinite amount. It is ideal for users who require flexibility in speed. The horsepower is dependent on the speed and it will rapidly reduce if the speed has reached its lowest.
- The third type of table drive is variable with constant voltage. It is driven with direct current of horsepower. This drive has various speeds at infinite amount which is paired with horsepower always at maximum. This type is suitable for users that need to operate with a specific speed in mind.