How to improve the homepage
The homepage is the most important parts of the web design because it generates the most views from visitors than any other page. Even if the users do not always arrive at the website through the homepage, the links in the navigation bars can be clicked on to go to the homepage. The homepage gives the user an overview of what to expect from the website that is why it is important to enhance the homepage with the right content.
- Summarize the site through a tagline – if you are relatively unknown in the internet, start your homepage with a tagline so that first-time visitors will know its purpose and what they can expect to gain from the website. Tagline is a small amount of text that can provide a dramatic effect that will introduce the website.
- Enhance credibility and professionalism through corporate information – users do not always search for corporate information but they tend to look at details on an ecommerce store to ensure the credibility of the site they are doing business with. The “about us” page should have a link that can be presented in the homepage.
- Importance of search input box – search is an important element of a web design and some users find it more convenient to type on the search box instead of scrolling through all the pages looking the information desired.
- Use relevant words in the links – users often remember what they saw in the homepage especially if it concerns big discounts or free shipping but they often want more details to convince them that what the homepage says is true. To help users locate their way into the other pages, use links with words that are relevant and easy to understand.
- Show examples of site content – don’t just describe the content of the other pages through your homepage. Show your users a brief insight on what they can expect if they click on the buttons of the navigation bar. If you know you have good stuff, show it off to your visitors.
- Use meaningful graphics – don’t overdo the homepage with images, graphics and animations. While good images can attract attention, overdoing them will become irrelevant to the site.
- Make content useful to readers – content must always offer something fresh and informative to web users. Make a research to gain a deeper understanding on the content that your target audience prefers to find in your site.
Content is a unique tool that provides a site with opportunity to connect with the audience. For the purposes of marketing, it can help win over customers.