The packaging of a product, be it a transparent plastic packaging or a boxed one, speaks a lot since it is considered a call to action for shoppers. This basically shouts out to consumers on why they should buy the products. This is the reason why it is important to have proper packaging and start-up brands are encouraged to invest in their packaging to make sure that they make an impact and they stand out among the sea of competitors. This will also ensure that your products will make an impact to consumers when placed side by side with other products.
- It is quite hard for a start-up brand to compete with big brands that have already established their name in the market thus excellent branding coupled with an attractive transparent plastic packaging is imperative for these small businesses. If you are still not sure on how to choose the right product packaging for your business then here are some tips to consider:
- When deciding on a packaging design, there are two major considerations – form and function. What does it entails? The packaging must be able to provide safety for the products while in transit and should arrive at the destination intact. The most basic thing for business owners would be to use bubble wrap, clear packaging and polystyrene but there should be more into that to attract new customers. The packaging should also have product information as well as designs that will make them buy the product.
- Tap into your creative side. A great quality product must also be coupled with a great packaging. If the packaging of the product created an impression that it has be clearly thought of and invested into, then it also goes without saying that the product inside is also of the same quality. Packaging that looks high quality and creative will also help consumers decide that yours is the better deal compared to cheaper ones displayed on the shelves along with your products.
- Aside from creativity, the packaging should be clear and provide concise information on what the product is inside. There are cases wherein consumers are not sure what product is inside the container. Too much information, on the other hand, can also be confusing and might be ineffective as branding strategy. One good example is a clear packaging which clearly shows what the product is inside because of the transparent packaging. The brand name should also be placed in clear and unfussy manner while information regarding the benefits of the products should also be placed around the packaging.
- It is common for start-up businesses to have limited budget when it comes to transparent plastic packaging and the team may only be comprised with one or two people. This should not hinder you from getting outside advice. You may not be able to afford an agency that will give your professional advice but you can also search for other options such as your local packing company to know more about the in and out of packaging.