In order to prevent a visit to your local technician and wasting unnecessary fees on repair, here are some suggestions you could follow if you want to examine your air compressor:
- Check if it is leaking. Examine you hose and if you see any signs of creases then there might be a possibility that it is leaking. To avoid leaks from happening, check regularly to see if the hose has any holes or tear. Unnoticed leak on the hose could mean compressed air is being shed. For those working in a noisy environment, an ultrasonic detector will aid in detecting the leaks faster.
- Don’t use the compressor in a way or in applications that it should not be used. This is one way to avoid visiting a technician, use the unit properly. Overusing is not recommended. In cases where it is used for a longer time, check for overheating. Following these steps will not only expand the lifespan of your equipment, it will also help you save from using gasoline or power. To save more money, do not use the unit in unnecessary applications. Instead of using your compressor to inflate things, you could use a blower instead. If you need to blow air lances and guns, use air with low pressure as an alternative to the compressor. If you are not using the compressor, it is best to unplug any equipment or tools attached to the system.
- Inlet of the air filter should always be unclogged. The force that the compressor is delivering could be reduced in case of accumulation of grime and dirt in the filter of the air compressor’s inlet because the airflow is limited. In case this happens, don’t call the repairman right away. What you could do is check the filter of the air inlet and clean it thoroughly. If it has no effect after the cleaning then that is the time to go and visit your repairman.
- V-belts must be checked. The efficiency of a unit can be affected if the v-belt is slacked. To make sure the equipment is functioning properly, always check the v-belts tightness if it is right for the machine. If you have no idea how to tighten it then you could check the manual provided by the manufacturer. If upon seeing the instructions and you feel unable to do so then it is better to let the professional do it than risk causing any harm to the unit.
- Hire expert technicians. To make sure that your compressor is in good hands, hire experts. It will also save you a lot of repair fee.