Basic baking tools and materials
- Measuring spoons. A durable set of measuring is indispensable in every bakery shop since recipes will ask you most often for small amounts of ingredients. The measuring spoons are available in metal or plastics.
- Measuring cups. Measuring spoons come in handy when measuring large amounts of ingredients. In order to ensure accuracy, look for a measuring cup that is made of glass or a transparent plastic with a scale that is visible on the outside. For your liquid ingredients, buy a measuring cup with a spout. Ensure that you have cups in various sizes.
- Thermometers. You need to get the precise temperature in order to perfect your baking. The oven may have a built-in thermostat; however, you should not rely heavily on this since it does not provide accurate temperature. Buy an oven thermometer. Before making the purchase, you should first consider the design of your oven and ask yourself if you want one that is simply hung from the rack or one that is standing upright.
- Baking pans. These materials are very important in every baking store. You use it in every day baking of muffins, breads or more delicate goods. The baking pans will ensure that the sides and bottoms are prevented from blackening.
- Baking dishes. There are different of shapes, sizes and materials used in baking dishes production. There are those made from glass and ceramic. Keep in mind that you need to choose a baking dish that will match the products that you will be baking.
- Baking sheets. These sheets are flat and usually rectangular in size. They are made of metal and are used for baking biscuits, cookies and breads. The two kinds of baking sheets are the aluminum baking sheets and the non-stick baking sheets. The aluminum baking sheets distribute the heat evenly on the product while the latter quickly bakes goods.