Mouldings in Toronto are capable of adding beauty to your home or business. As these mouldings help increase the value of your property, they do so without burning a hole in your pocket.
Different Types Of Mouldings And Their Uses
- Wall Mouldings. When there is a visible end grain located on the wood wainscoting, you can use a cap to cover the said area. A wainscot cap can also be used at the top part of flat baseboards. Picture moulding also belongs in this category, which is installed for hanging paintings. It is typically used with metal hooks.
- Chair backs can cause damage to the walls. You can add a chair rail to prevent such damages. There is also a corner moulding that is useful in providing protection to the drywall outside corners. It also effective in areas that have high amount of traffic.
- Ceiling Mouldings. The corners that show the insides of the sheet panelling are usually covered with cove mouldings in Toronto homes. The built-up crown mouldings that are installed at the ceiling and wall junctures can create a dramatic effect. This is also a good place for cove moulding.
- Base Trim. This kind of moulding is used to cover the lower part of the walls. It also covers the gaps that are visible between the floor and the wall. If there is a variation from the base bottom to the floor, the base trim is also applied.
- Casing. This is effective in hiding the gap between the jambs and the walls that surround them. The space between closely spaced windows is usually installed with a mullion casing. It is important that the center trim matches the thickness and style of the window casing.
Mouldings in Toronto have amazing benefits to any structure. It can transform the look of any room and make the area look bigger than it seems.