There are different types of storage reels. You can easily purchase any of the two from online sellers or even in your local hardware stores. There are standard reels and there are also those that are collapsible. However, if you want to secure more space in your storage area or if you want to pay less for the transport or shipping of your cable materials, go for Collapsible reels instead of the standard types. Here are the reasons why:
- A collapsible reel can be easily dismantled and set up. Anyone, even without technical skills or sophisticated tools, can assemble or dismantle a collapsible reel in just about 3 minutes. It is also ideal when you have limited storage space because it will only consume space when they are in use. Otherwise, you can just fold or dismantle the collapsible reel to get more storage space in your area.
- Using Collapsible reels reduces their transportation value. This means that when they are in their dismantled form, they only occupy a lesser amount of space. This way, you get to pay less for the transportation and shipping. Also, a collapsible reel which is usually made of steel is designed to be lighter making it possible to transport more cable drums and cabling materials in less travel time.
- A collapsible reel is made with standardized barrel and flanges so you won’t have to worry about interchanging the parts during assembly. The dismantling and assembly can be done easily without having to study complicated steps.
- Collapsible reels which are made of steel are resistant to rusting and corrosion. During transportation and shipping, cable reels are inevitably exposed to harsh weather conditions but due to steel’s reliable and inherent strength, it can resist damage and degradation. A collapsible reel can also withstand heavy duty and tough handling during transportation and delivery. Thus, the cables remain protected until they get to their delivery points. Steel reels are also resistant to termites and other insects that could further damage to the materials being stored.
- One of the main reasons why you should go for a collapsible reel is its capacity to be recycled and be reused over and over again. Its recyclability makes the item environment-friendly since producing it does not require generating new raw materials. Also, since you can reuse the reel for countless of times, you reduce your operation costs and get to save in the process. You can also sell the reels for scrapping when you no longer need them.