Why it is important to consider the material of baking pans
It is important to consider size and shape of the baking pan as well as the material from it is made of because it can have an effect on the quality of the product. For example, a dark colored surface will cause food to brown more easily because it absorbs heat from the oven. You can choose from a wide selection of baking pans from Ontario Bakery Supply but make sure to choose the right material that will provide the best possible results.
- Aluminum – is a common material used for baking pans and other baking essentials because it is a good heat conductor to allow even baking. However, aluminum has a shiny surface that will prevent the product from browning. In order to achieve the best results, it is important to choose baking pans made from high-gauge aluminum because the thinner ones tend to warp when exposed to extremely high temperatures.
- Aluminum foil – is a common material for baking pans because they are generally disposable. However, if properly cleaned, high-gauge aluminum foil baking pans can be reused. Since aluminum foil is relatively inexpensive, it can be used for delivery of baked products to customers or friends without worrying whether it will be returned.
- Glass – is an expensive material for baking pans. Ovenproof glass can be used direct from the refrigerator to the oven but when it is removed from the oven, it has to be cooled down before being exposed to water or returned on the freezer. Glass baking pans tend to heat faster which means that you may need to reduce the temperature of the oven to ensure that food does not get burned.
- Non-stick baking pans – are usually made from either steel or aluminum but with the non-stick coating that allows convenient removal of the baked product. Take extra care when choosing the color of the non-stick coating since a darker color tends to absorb heat more quickly which can cause the baked product to be overly browned.
- Silicone – is a product that has been introduced recently for microwave and oven cooking. Silicon baking pans do not absorb heat easily but allows heat to transfer evenly to the food. The cooking process stops as soon as the baking pan is removed from heat to prevent additional browning.
There are a lot of different baking supplies and equipment available through Ontario Bakery Supply to satisfy your baking needs. Most of the equipment has many other useful functions in the kitchen which makes them a good investment.