Many designers will suggest that if you are looking for a window covering, you should go with wood shutters Toronto since it has lots of benefits to offer the homeowner.
- The wood shutters are attractive. Compared to the traditional blinds and other window treatments, the window shutters offer an appealing taste. The window shutters look neat and the plain wood will match the room décor.
- It offers protection to those inside the abode. The wood shutters will protect those inside from sun and heat during the summer and wind and cold during the winter season. They can also be easily adjusted accordingly in order to allow varying amounts of sunlight and air to enter the room.
- You can easily regulate or control light. Even if the window shutters are closed, they can be finely tuned and allow varying amount of light to stream inside your room. The slats or louvers can also be adjusted in order to block out completely the light entering your room.
- Having a window shutter as a window treatment would entail a low maintenance only. You do not have to use soap and water in cleaning the wood shutters. Instead, you will only use light dusting and that is all you will need.
If the use of wood shutters has practical advantages, it also has its downside. Here are some of the disadvantages of using the material:
- There is only limited storm protection for the material. Although the exterior wood shutters are typically fixed, there are also functional types which are available in the market. They will provide some amount of protection from bad weather conditions like storm but only to a lesser scale compared to metal, fiberglass or aluminum.
- The wood shutters are greatly affected with humidity. The average would shutter will usually not perform well when subjected to humid environments. The warp and the finishes in the material can become damaged from the moisture. If the environment where you are steamy, you will need to buy more expensive hardwood varieties in order to avoid frequent replacements and touch ups.
- If you are planning to get your window a window covering, you probably have some sort of budget in mind. The offside to the wood shutter is that it is quite expensive. Compared to other materials used for the same purpose, the wood shutters are more expensive. Composite and faux wood will cost you less but they do not look like real wood or function like real wood.