- Epoxy can be used in order to make parts with different shapes. Just make sure to clean the parts and roughen them up before gluing them together. In a warmer environment, the epoxy sets much faster.
- Be careful when handling very thin metals. The cutter may be able to break into the metal and take the work piece with it. Before cutting, make sure to clamp it down to make sure it doesn’t spin as the cutter works through it.
- For castings, aluminum is ideal because it is cheap and it is easier to make the mold especially if it does not require any cores. Remember that castings have lesser strength than forgings, hot-formed and extruded shapes. If you require alloys with specific strength, bending and welding attributes then be sure to pick the right one.
- Rubbers parts can also be machined as long as it is frozen, use dry ice inside a cooler. While machining, the rubber may thaw in the process so be sure to freeze it again before proceeding.
- When it comes to assembling, taped and drilled holes are less time consuming compared to attaching nuts on rigs.
- Among other plastics, nylon and Delrin can be machined easily in a machine shop in Toronto. Though Delrin is cheaper, nylon is stronger. The only advantage of Delrin is that it can be bought in black.
- For field work, it is advised to employ drill press, table for tapping or a metal that comes with straight holes.
- Cutters can be burned through a material in case the feed is going too fast or the clearance of the chip is limited. Cutting solutions may be added or it can be operated at a slower speed.
- When using bolts, used sizes that are standard and common.
- Blind holes need to be properly aligned so it recommended that the proper method must be used. Research and train the workers of your machine shop Toronto.
- If bolts of various lengths are needed, studs and its couplers may be used instead as filler.
- Rig starts out because of extruded shapes. If your require camera rigging, check out on your local supplier of meat and choose the one with an angle of 5" x 7" x 3/4".
- While in the process of building, it is important that you have the necessary materials in case such as a variety of tubes, plate and shapes. These items could be arranged in a rock so you can easily see the available ones.
- Dampening fluid may be used in order to adjust the friction in the surface. To keep the surfaces aligned, bearings could be used as well as to act as weight support.
- When using a fly cutter, make sure that the material is clamped down to avoid any injuries. If available, a hole saw may be used.
Either you are working in a machine shop in Toronto or plan to open up your own, here are some tips you need to remember:
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.