Types of foam padding
There are different kinds of custom foam padding including polyurethane, memory and the closed cell foams. As there are a myriad of choices to select from, it is therefore imperative that you know the right foam that you will be choosing in order to maximize the budget that you have at hand. Here are some of the common types of padding:
- Polyurethane foam. The potential uses of the foam are for pet beds, packaging for shipping and for covers of mattresses.
- Memory or visco-elastic foam. These are commonly used for pillows, mattresses and as mattress covers and as cushions.
- Cuft foam. The cuft foams are specifically used as outdoor equipment, for camping mats, as cushions, seating and for packaging during shipments of fragile products.
- Closed-cell foam. These are used as outdoor cushions, exercise equipments, insulation, and boat cushions and in gaskets.
- Laminated Foam Chips or Chipped Polyurethane Foam. These are commonly used as gym mats, yoga mats and carpet padding.
- HR Cell Foam. This type of foam is used in furniture, as mattresses, cushions and as medical padding.
What are the top uses of the custom foam padding? Here are some of its top uses:
- Mattresses and mattress toppers. Manufacturers produce foams for the purpose of making them mattresses and as mattress toppers. The foams which are commonly used for these purposes are the visco-elastic foam which is also referred to as the memory foam. The visco-elastic foam will take the shape of the material that it is compressed with and will then return to its original shape immediately after it is removed of the weight of the material compressed on it.
- Seat cushions. Manufacturers use different types of foams in order to make cushions both for indoor and outdoor seating. The foams that are used in these projects include the neoprene foam, closed-cell and cuft foam which work better when applied in the outdoor setting because it is resistant to weather conditions.